Deroy Murdock: Would you trust this President to lead us into war?
In fact, on Aug. 20, 2012, Obama said, "We have been very clear to the Assad regime…that a red line for us is, we start seeing a whole bunch of chemical weapons moving around or being utilized."
On Aug. 30, Obama had an uncharacteristically bellicose Secretary of State John Kerry virtually announce that 'bombing begins in five minutes.' One day later, Obama virtually announced that 'debate begins in five minutes.' Obama said he wanted Congress to permit hostilities. But rather than summon lawmakers to Washington, Obama let Congress' summer vacation rage on.
• Obama last June authorized the CIA to provide arms to the Free Syrian Army. "As of right now, they haven't received one weapon from the United States," Sen. John McCain, R–Ariz., lamented. "Reports are that the United States has constrained other countries from giving them the kinds of things they need."
"Most people were like down in the Situation Room and (the President) was like, 'I'm not going to be down there, I can't watch this entire thing,'" Love said. "So," referring to Obama, himself, and two other staffers, "we must have played 15 hands, 15 games of spades."
• According to a conservative watchdog group called the Government Accountability Institute, Obama skipped 58 percent of his presidential daily briefs between his first inaugural and last March 31. During the entire week before last Sept. 11's massacre in Benghazi, Libya, Obama missed these interactive sessions with top intelligence personnel.
Amid epic chaos, Obama instills no confidence. This helps explain why so many Americans are reluctant to march to the wavering beat of this unsteady drummer.
Deroy Murdock is a Fox News contributor, a nationally syndicated columnist with the Scripps Howard News Service, and a media fellow with the Hoover Institution on War, Revolution and Peace at Stanford University.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Liberals are culture war aggressors - 0
- Bruce Berke: A minimum wage hike would hurt NH's young people - 41
- Patrick J. Buchanan: Does the future belong to Asia? - 0
- David Harsanyi : What the Pope gets wrong about capitalism - 5
- Bob Witkop: Obama is not the only one to blame for Obamacare - 28
- Jonah Goldberg: Coming to grips with the rise of the machines - 5
- George Will: The choices we have on Iran - 0
- Roger Simon: We should not be in Afghanistan next year - 3
- Charles Krauthammer: America in retreat, allies abandoned - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- New health insurer to enter NH marketplace in 2015 - 0
- Firefighters from 10 communities fight second 3-alarm fire in one day in Loudon - 0
- Pembroke man pleads guilty to Maine bank robberies - 0
- UPDATE: Lancaster man, 74, killed in head-on Columbia crash - 0
- Former Littleton man sentenced to prison for crash that injured 4 - 1
- Pelham man arrested in theft of jewelry - 0
- Parents share what makes Abigail a special girl - 0
- UPDATE: Mass. man wanted for targeting victims through online dating site arrested - 4
- UPDATE: Mother, daughter fell from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
Driver was trying to kill himself
Big tipper stops for lunch
2 NH men accused of drug trafficking
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained