Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Lawyer: Epping defendant tired of 'sharing' girlfriend
Defense lawyer Andrew Cotrupi told jurors on Monday that Eaton lied to police about being able to see his assailant in the pitch-black dark because there were no street lights on the roadway. Cotrupi said Eaton and two other state witnesses had credibility problems because of their criminal records.But Cotrupi acknowledged that a lot of the trial will focus on the words and actions of Letourneau.
Tensions between the men had escalated for months with exchanges of threatening texts and a face-to-face confrontation in 2011 when they both visited Letourneau at a local hospital at the same time, according to Blanchard.About an hour prior to the shooting on Dec. 11, 2011, Letourneau exchanged about 35 texts messages with Eaton while she was with Locascio, Blanchard said. For the next hour, the men exchanged heated phone calls and text messages. Blanchard said that Locascio told Eaton that he would shoot him with a shotgun, and that "I have an excavator for a reason."
Souther testified that the conversation went from talk about exchanging blows to Locascio saying, "How about I just jam a shotgun in your face."
"I don't know Jackie that good, but I certainly didn't need her problems that night and I don't need them now," Souther told the jury.
Jennifer Erickson, 33, of Dracut, Mass. who was dating Eaton's uncle at the time, testified that her cell phone rang and Letourneau was on the other end of the line screaming.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Police say woman broke into Hollis home and took pictures - 0
- Addiction treatment doctor gets restricted license - 0
- Newmarket man charged with sex assault of 12-year-old girl - 0
- Wife charged with stabbing husband during argument - 0
- Imprisoned pair could add to their already lengthy sentences if found guilty of assault - 0
- Judge nixes house arrest for man convicted in Ponzi scheme - 0
- Raymond man faces possession of child porn charges - 0
- Man failed to note conviction on gun permit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Market Basket deal reached; Arthur T. Demoulas to return - 1
- Police mum on reported shooting in Manchester - 0
- Multiple reports say deal reached for Arthur T. to buy Market Basket - 0
- Fisher Cats get behind early, fall to Senators - 0
- Sox downed on pinch-hit homer - 0
- Sister of accused Boston marathon bombers arrested after bomb threat - 0
- Bruins agree to long-term agreement with Providence - 0
- Stewart probe goes on - 0
- Sunapee officials say they don't plan to build housing - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917