Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Lawyer: Epping defendant tired of 'sharing' girlfriend
Defense lawyer Andrew Cotrupi told jurors on Monday that Eaton lied to police about being able to see his assailant in the pitch-black dark because there were no street lights on the roadway. Cotrupi said Eaton and two other state witnesses had credibility problems because of their criminal records.But Cotrupi acknowledged that a lot of the trial will focus on the words and actions of Letourneau.
Tensions between the men had escalated for months with exchanges of threatening texts and a face-to-face confrontation in 2011 when they both visited Letourneau at a local hospital at the same time, according to Blanchard.About an hour prior to the shooting on Dec. 11, 2011, Letourneau exchanged about 35 texts messages with Eaton while she was with Locascio, Blanchard said. For the next hour, the men exchanged heated phone calls and text messages. Blanchard said that Locascio told Eaton that he would shoot him with a shotgun, and that "I have an excavator for a reason."
Souther testified that the conversation went from talk about exchanging blows to Locascio saying, "How about I just jam a shotgun in your face."
"I don't know Jackie that good, but I certainly didn't need her problems that night and I don't need them now," Souther told the jury.
Jennifer Erickson, 33, of Dracut, Mass. who was dating Eaton's uncle at the time, testified that her cell phone rang and Letourneau was on the other end of the line screaming.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police recover stolen SUV investigating burglary - 0
- Woman arrested after crash at Dover tolls, facing DWI charge - 0
- Fugitive of the week: Juan Zayas-Diaz - 0
- Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents - 2
- Man turns himself in for Dover burglary warrant - 0
- Police say Laconia man threatened toddler - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Littleton police searching for man who attempted to rob gas station - 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 5
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
- Ayotte tours Dover camping gear firm - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424