Home » News » Public Safety
School bus snags cable TV wires in Merrimack
MERRIMACK — A school bus carrying Bedford students was stopped briefly on Tuesday morning when the vehicle’s roof came into contact with cable television wires.
According to police, the local fire department responded around 8:30 a.m. to Canterbury Way for a report of wires on top of an occupied school bus.
“There were several students on the bus, but there were no injuries,” said Sgt. Joseph Goodridge of the Merrimack Police Department.
A nearby homeowner had reported that a tractor-trailer recently hit the cable wires, which resulted in the wires hanging lower than usual, according to Goodridge. The bus driver did not notice the wires, but immediately stopped upon coming into contact with them, said police, who were unsure whether the students were evacuated from the bus.
Fire crews arrived to safely remove the wires from the vehicle and had left the scene within minutes, said Goodridge.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinneRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 0
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Londonderry vs. Salem is a playoff contest - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 0
- Another View -- Scott Brown: To change direction, we need to change senators - 0
- Patricia LaFrance: For Hillsborough County Attorney - 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- Another View -- Cass R. Sunstein: The hidden tax you pay when you wait - 0
- John Stossel: Incumbents almost always win - 0
School's out for voters
Trump fired up over NH mailer