Home » News » Public Safety
School bus snags cable TV wires in Merrimack
MERRIMACK — A school bus carrying Bedford students was stopped briefly on Tuesday morning when the vehicle’s roof came into contact with cable television wires.
According to police, the local fire department responded around 8:30 a.m. to Canterbury Way for a report of wires on top of an occupied school bus.
“There were several students on the bus, but there were no injuries,” said Sgt. Joseph Goodridge of the Merrimack Police Department.
A nearby homeowner had reported that a tractor-trailer recently hit the cable wires, which resulted in the wires hanging lower than usual, according to Goodridge. The bus driver did not notice the wires, but immediately stopped upon coming into contact with them, said police, who were unsure whether the students were evacuated from the bus.
Fire crews arrived to safely remove the wires from the vehicle and had left the scene within minutes, said Goodridge.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police ready to make a wardrobe change - 0
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- Derry fire displaces five - 0
- Two fall about 50 feet from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072