Home » News » Public Safety
School bus snags cable TV wires in Merrimack
MERRIMACK — A school bus carrying Bedford students was stopped briefly on Tuesday morning when the vehicle’s roof came into contact with cable television wires.
According to police, the local fire department responded around 8:30 a.m. to Canterbury Way for a report of wires on top of an occupied school bus.
“There were several students on the bus, but there were no injuries,” said Sgt. Joseph Goodridge of the Merrimack Police Department.
A nearby homeowner had reported that a tractor-trailer recently hit the cable wires, which resulted in the wires hanging lower than usual, according to Goodridge. The bus driver did not notice the wires, but immediately stopped upon coming into contact with them, said police, who were unsure whether the students were evacuated from the bus.
Fire crews arrived to safely remove the wires from the vehicle and had left the scene within minutes, said Goodridge.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 9
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester - 2
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
- Drew Cline: When Republicans turn off Republicans - 7
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too