Chesterfield’s Rtes. 9 & 63 intersection a safety concern for town officials
The decision was made last month and the board has just sent the request, said Town Administrator Rick Carrier.
Many motorists traveling the major east-west highway of Route 9, though, are unaware of the danger when they approach.
“The posted speed limit is 50 miles per hour through there and people sometimes go faster than that,” Carrier said.
But it is common for motorist to shoot straight across Route 9 without stopping. The intersection can also be dangerous when Route 9 traffic is traveling too fast to react to slowed, stopped or crossing traffic at the intersection, Carrier said.
The Select Board members are hoping DOT would give the OK to their idea that a flashing red light be installed facing Route 63 traffic to reinforce the stop there, with a flashing yellow light for Route 9 traffic to indicate motorists should be cautious, Carrier said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies - 5
- Editorial: Jim Adams The GOP choice in Council Dist. 4 - 0
- NH's immigrants: Welcome the ones from Mass. - 13
- Pope’s call-out Where’s the Muslim outrage? - 5
- Free state garden: Weeding is always good - 29
- August recess: Whither our NH representatives? - 1
- Portsmouth saga: Was this 'Officer Too-Friendly?' - 1
- Armed to the teeth, national media discover Bearcats - 21
- Market Basket fallout: Most innocent bystanders - 14
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Upcoming selectmen's meeting stirring controversy among Bow's firefighters - 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 7
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
Hassan, Havenstein both raise nearly $2m