Chesterfield’s Rtes. 9 & 63 intersection a safety concern for town officials
The decision was made last month and the board has just sent the request, said Town Administrator Rick Carrier.
Many motorists traveling the major east-west highway of Route 9, though, are unaware of the danger when they approach.
“The posted speed limit is 50 miles per hour through there and people sometimes go faster than that,” Carrier said.
But it is common for motorist to shoot straight across Route 9 without stopping. The intersection can also be dangerous when Route 9 traffic is traveling too fast to react to slowed, stopped or crossing traffic at the intersection, Carrier said.
The Select Board members are hoping DOT would give the OK to their idea that a flashing red light be installed facing Route 63 traffic to reinforce the stop there, with a flashing yellow light for Route 9 traffic to indicate motorists should be cautious, Carrier said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry allows DOT to assume management of Exit 4A project - 0
- DOT orders bridge closure in West Swanzey - 0
- Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A - 0
- Traffic change Wednesday for Keene State move-in day - 0
- Historic Blair Bridge in Campton reopened - 1
- Creative ways to finance rail in NH pushed - 11
- Hudson grapples with traffic concerns as industrial park grows - 0
- Nashua transportation roundtable event canceled - 0
- Crews making progress on Derry's Rockingham Road - 1
READER COMMENTS: 1
- UPDATED: Regulators OK 47 percent rate hike for Liberty Utilities customers - 6
- Nashua man facing numerous assault charges in attack on woman - 0
- Manchester man arrested in Holiday Inn Express robbery - 0
- After flap over 'racist' comment, no call for Lincoln planner to resign from board - 10
- Review of West High intruder case to be behind closed doors - 4
- Another View -- Daniel Barrick: Manchester's schools face some serious challenges - 0
- Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance - 3
- Representing whom? Jeanne Shaheen, leftist icon - 13
- Chiefly, Pats are horrible in Monday night blowout in K.C. - 0
Dredging planned for Milford's Osgood Pond
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance