Home » Sports » Baseball » Red Sox/MLB
Red Sox to open 2014 on March 31 in Baltimore
It will be the earliest Opening Day for the Sox since 2008, when they began the season in Japan against the Oakland Athletics.
After the three-game series in Baltimore, the Sox will come home and open Fenway Park on April 4 with an interleague series against the Milwaukee Brewers. The Texas Rangers will also come to town during the opening six-game homestand.
Other interleague visitors in 2014 will be the Cincinnati Reds (May 6-7), Atlanta Braves (May 28-29) and Theo Epstein’s Chicago Cubs (June 30-July 2).
The Red Sox will play their first series in a National League park when they visit Atlanta’s Turner Field, May 26-27 for two games that immediately precede the Braves’ two-game set at Fenway.
Boston’s last homestand of the season will include games aganst the Rays Sept. 23-25 and the Yankees Sept. 26-28.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pat Buchanan: China has begun prowling Asia like a hungry tiger - 3
- Thomas Sowell: Victimhood and race - 4
- Fred Hiatt: While Obama talked, Assad killed - 4
- Ramesh Ponnuru: Why the latest corporate tax cut plan won't work - 1
- Aidan Connell: Manchester Central educated this Hooksett student very well - 13
- Deroy Murdock; Fracking is 'greener' than environmentalists want to admit - 9
- Margaret Carlson: Is Obamacare challenging enough yet for President Obama? - 4
- George Will: Scott Walker, action figure governor - 1
- Charles Krauthammer: An outbreak of lawlessness - 1
READER COMMENTS: 7
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 1
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 7
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 1
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 1
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
Push to block casino in NH ramping up