Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Mass. man accused of blackmail after sexual tryst with Salem man
William Gray, 48, was indicted by a grand jury on single counts of attempted theft by extortion and harassment, according to prosecutors. He faces up to 7 ½ to 15 years in prison if convicted by a jury on the attempted-theft charge, prosecutors said.
Gray was arrested by Salem police on May 9.
Gray’s lawyers have argued that the victim was not being entirely honest with police about the incident.
Salem police Detective Michael White testified at a court hearing in May that the two men decided to meet at a Friendly’s restaurant prior to their sexual encounter.
While riding as a passenger in the victim’s car, Gray “began to make statements that their encounter was recorded and he would disclose the encounter to his wife,” White testified. “He also began to recite personal information that the alleged victim did not give him.”
Police said Gray threatened the man again on April 17, telling him that he was calling from a nearby Salem motel and he was going “to go to (the victim’s) house with his boys and tell wife about his encounter,” if the man refused to pay the money, White testified.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Strafford County inmate facing charges of thefts from vehicles - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man charged with assault says he was trying to break up a fight - 0
- Nashua man was not Mirandized following shooting by police, court documents say - 0
- Man arrested for speeds over 100 mph on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Nashua man accused of cutting wife’s throat committed to psychiatric hospital - 1
- Two may have stabbed each other in Concord parking garage incident, police say - 0
- Manchester joyride in a stolen truck lands two in handcuffs - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Crosstown Variety Store robbed in Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Review of West High intruder case to be behind closed doors - 0
- Another View -- Daniel Barrick: Manchester's schools face some serious challenges - 0
- Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance - 0
- Representing whom? Jeanne Shaheen, leftist icon - 0
- Chiefly, Pats are horrible in Monday night blowout in K.C. - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Double-overtime goal sends Goffstown past John Stark in boys' soccer - 0
- UNH gridders jump one spot in national polls - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Offseason needs aplenty - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey: Merrill's hat trick lifts Winnacunnet - 0
Dredging planned for Milford's Osgood Pond
- Total Votes: 917