Fight to Educate
Winning card for Fight to Educate at Verizon arena
“Danny made his professional debut with us five years ago,” said Stephen, chairman of the New Hampshire Boxing and Wrestling Commission, which is sanctioning the event. “He calls Manchester his second home, and he always wants to help us raise money for three wonderful charities. He’s also a terrific boxer who’s ready for a title shot.”
O’Connor, a southpaw out of Framingham, Mass., has recorded four knockouts in Fight to Educate bouts.
Undefeated welterweight Chris Gilbert of Windsor, Vt., (9-0, 7 KOs) returns to Manchester for the third straight year. He will meet Anthony Chase (11-1, 4 KOs) of Providence in an eight-round match. “Gilbert is a solid fighter who will out-punch his opponent,” said Stephen. “Chase will be a good test for Gilbert.”West Forks, Maine, light welterweight Brandon Berry (2-0, 2 KOs), who fought in last year’s FTE as an amateur, meets Jesus Javier Cintron (1-3-2) of Springfield, Mass., in a four-round bout.
During the past 11 years, the Fight To Educate has raised more than $500,000 in donations for New Hampshire nonprofits. Proceeds this year will benefit Manchester’s SEE Science Center, the Bobby Stephen Fund for Education and the New Horizons for New Hampshire food pantry, soup kitchen and shelter.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 10
- Charitable organizations raise money, and lift spirits with Christmas tree sales - 0
- Holiday edition reminder to our readers - 1
- 600 gather for New Horizons soup kitchen, shelter fundraiser - 0
- Conn. school shooting probe ends with gunman's motives unknown - 43
- Railway company proposing Montreal to Portland service through northern NH - 19
- Exeter theater group suspends campaign to save Ioka - 0
- Stained-glass windows get new look at Tucker Free Library in Henniker - 0
- State Supreme Court overturns termination of father’s parental rights - 8
READER COMMENTS: 1
- UNH unveils new 'shield' logo - 20
- 'Unprepared' Canadian hikers rescued from Mt. Washington - 0
- Vemont pair killed, Sunapee man hurt in crash on I-89 in Lebanon - 0
- Napoli returns to Boston with two-year deal - 0
- Celtics come up big against Nuggets - 0
- Johnson honored for sixth NASCAR title - 0
- Kilpatrick leads UNH women past Dartmouth - 0
- UNH, Dartmouth football players named All-New England - 0
- Manchester Monarchs beat Portland Pirates in shootout - 0
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m.
Wildcats defeat Maine to advance
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840