NHIAA Roundup: Central girls, Hanover boys register soccer shutouts
Pinkerton 2, Spaulding 0: In Derry, Pinkerton (4-0) received goals from Reanna Romano and Andrea Galvin. Julie Murray and Keara Doolan each had an assist against 0-3 Spaulding. Pinkerton goalie Sammy Mitchell had three saves while Spaulding netminder Monica Harris turned back 16 shots.
Epping 4, Concord Christian 0: In Concord, Epping (2-2) got two goals from Evelyn Carleton and one each from Sabrina Rivers and Ashley Krenzer. Assists were registered by Jordan Higginbottom, Ashley Krenzer, Evelyn Carleton and Maddeline Marchisio. Epping goalie Chloe Pelletier had 11 saves while Concord Christian goalie Morgan Draus turned back 11 shots.
Central 1, Concord 0: At Manchester, Keegan LaBerge scored on a penalty kick in the 90th minute to help the Little Green raise their record to 2-2. Alec Patterson made six saves for Central. Concord fell to 2-1-1.
Souhegan 2, Trinity 0: In Amherst, Souhegan (2-2) was led by goals from Devan Casey and Mike Hayden, who added an assist. Souhegan goalie Teigue Young had five saves, Trinity (1-2) had five saves from goalie Zach Szczeockowicz.
ConVal 3, Keene 2 OT: ConVal scored first on a goal from Austin Wheeler but Keene rallied a 2-1 lead behind scores from
Epping 5, Concord Christian 1: Scoring for Epping (3-0) were Azize Zerguine (2 goals), and one goal each from James Stanley, Mark Marasca, and Cam Osgood.
Pinkerton 3, Timberlane 1: At Derry, Pinkerton (1-1) won 25-17, 25-15, 16-25 and 25-23. Kelsey Cummings led the Astros with 10 kills and teammate Olivia Mathieu added 10 kills and 17 digs. Courtney Collins had 10 kills and Lexi Verrault contributed 22 digs. Leading the Owls (1-1) were Christina Nye (16 kills, 13 digs), Jess Buckley (nine aces) and Jane Buckley (four blocks).
Newfound 4, Newport 2; Newfound received first half goals from Allie Symonds and Megan Libby. Newfound’s second half goals were scored by Karissa Bony and freshman Amanda Johnston. Sophomore Megan Sharp had a strong second half in goal with 10 saves for the Bears.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Parents share what makes Abigail a special girl - 1
- Abigail's mother speaks of hope on ABC's Good Morning America - 0
- South Africa's Nelson Mandela dies at 95 - 3
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 10
- Charitable organizations raise money, and lift spirits with Christmas tree sales - 0
- Holiday edition reminder to our readers - 1
- 600 gather for New Horizons soup kitchen, shelter fundraiser - 0
- Conn. school shooting probe ends with gunman's motives unknown - 43
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Shaheen, Ayotte on opposite sides of procedural vote on budget compromise - 2
- Snow hits New Hampshire, Manchester and Portsmouth declare snow emergencies - 1
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 2
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
- NH ranks first in controlling infectious disease, according to report - 1
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Knife-wielding robbers target two stores in Manchester - 1
Plaistow lawyer indicted in fatal boat crash
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
State agrees to delete toll booth photos