Home » News » Public Safety
Elderly tenant evicted from Manchester apartment for smoking
The deputies eventually returned Pilotte, who is about 80, to the apartment. After social workers conferred with officials from the Manchester Housing and Redevelopment Authority, Manchester police officers drove Pilotte to an assisted living facility on Prospect Street.
By the late afternoon, neighbors said Pilotte had returned to his apartment and kicked open the door. Police arrived a couple of hours later and brought him back to Washington Manor, said neighbor John Brady.
"He's his own person. There's no way I could keep him," Ventresca said. "He's having a hard time making the transition."
She said she's had issues with Pilotte. He used to bang on her door and ask her to call the housing authority. Once he came to her door naked, she said.
"All his mental faculties aren't there anymore," said Brady, who added he didn't like the eviction.
"Sometimes, we have to make very difficult decisions that are unsavory to us," he said. "We're in the business of housing people, not unhousing them."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 1
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Fire destroys South Hampton barn - 0
- Boy out walking hit, injured by Jeep in Newton - 0
- Police investigating why Maine woman died in Somersworth apartment - 0
- Body found floating in Portsmouth - 0
- Spofford crash seriously injures two - 0
- Fire destroys barn in South Hampton - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs yet to flip switch on power play - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: A.J. Pierzynski OK with Red Sox - 0
- Nashua aldermanic committee votes to help soup kitchen - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown cites NH as example of Obamacare 'trainwreck,' will keynote NHGOP event
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072