Home » Sports » Motor Sports
Jeff Gordon: Repurcussions from NASCAR scandal only beginning
“It’s way beyond you and me, way beyond the sport and the fans,” said Gordon. “It reaches out much further than that. It has affected far more people than we can understand.
Gordon was in position to make the Chase during the closing laps by finishing among the top 10 in points.
But with MWR’s cars losing positions by pitting and spinning, Joey Logano ended up claiming a guaranteed spot, leaving Gordon out.
“The difference is there are lines that are drawn, and this crossed over the line.”
“It’s the integrity of the sport,” he said. “What level do you go to win? I’ve been asked if it’s OK to knock a guy out of the way to win a race to get into the Chase. There are certain morals that are still involved with what you’re comfortable and not comfortable doing.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rivier University in Nashua aims to transform campus with $4 million plan - 0
- Move to Concord eyed for offices of university system - 5
- Nashua in running for education grant - 0
- Teacher cuts proposed in Londonderry - 21
- Derry school district expects 2014-15 25-student enrollment increase - 0
- Derry teacher who brings science to life a national award finalist - 0
- Londonderry sophomore has a passion for the past - 0
- Students take part in seminar on privacy at Nashua North - 0
- Londonderry kids learn while doing on Toga Tuesday - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Police: Body found in Portsmouth creek not missing UNH student - 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 1
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown cites NH as example of Obamacare 'trainwreck,' will keynote NHGOP event