Home » News » Public Safety
Hillsborough County Attorney: No charges in fatal I-293 crash
Andrew Roy, 19, of Bedford died in an early-morning crash at Exit 2 on I-293 in Manchester. Friends and loved ones have added photos, flowers and wreckage from Roy's car to a memorial at the site. (Shawne K. Wickham/Sunday News)
"In this particular case, he is just a kind of normal kid driving home. Should he have done it? Probably he should have got some sleep. But it doesn't rise to the actions of being negligent," LaFrance said.
Bolser, now 20, did not return a call for comment Thursday.
But in August 2012, he told the New Hampshire Sunday News: "Andrew's been my best friend since we were about 13 years old."
Unlike criminal charges, which require the state to prove its case beyond a reasonable doubt, plaintiffs must prove their case by a preponderance of the evidence — a lower standard — to prevail in a civil complaint.
"I can't imagine this is now my forever," she said. "Every piece of my broken heart hurts and misses him till we meet again."
He also was fined $500. A third charge, possession of a controlled drug, was dropped, according to the court.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police probe Dover official's fatal car crash - 0
- Fundraiser tonight to benefit injured man - 0
- No cause yet in Woodshed restaurant fire - 0
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 4
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor - 1
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- Manchester gas station burglarized - 0
- Conn. tractor-trailer driver charged in Manchester hit and run - 1
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans - 10
- Goffstown man held in Triangle Credit Union robbery, burglaries - 0
- 2 Bay State men arrested for Peterborough credit union robbery - 1
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 12
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
Dingman granted conditional parole
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072