Home » Sports » Hockey » Bruins/NHL
Well-traveled Joe Morrow settling in with Bruins
Morrow, the 23rd overall pick in the 2011 draft, was part of a package sent from Pittsburgh to Dallas for Brenden Morrow last February. Then he was part of the megadeal that brought him to the Bruins with Loui Eriksson, Reilly Smith and Matt Fraser for Tyler Seguin and Rich Peverley.
“You’re not playing against boys anymore in junior,” said Morrow, who is likely headed to AHL Providence. “I felt I was one of the higher-end players in junior and I didn’t have to worry about anyone pushing me around, but you trade from boys to men and there are definitely some big guys that are trying to hurt you out there. And there are guys with immense amounts of skill that will make you look like an idiot.
The most interesting competition of the camp will be for the two open third line spots. It’s a good bet that Chris Kelly will be on it somewhere, but the rest of the unit could be filled out by two among Carl Soderberg, Daniel Paille, Jordan Caron, Ryan Spooner, Smith or Fraser.
“I think ideally, we saw the line that we liked when we won the Cup,” Julien said. “We had Kelly, Peverley and (Michael) Ryder. Not only were they a dependable line, but they were able to give us some scoring. In a perfect world, you’ve got your top two lines that you’d like to see score on a regular basis. Your third line should be able to give you some secondary scoring and also some secondary grit that your fourth line gives you.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Bow man sworned in as New Hampshire's Army civilian aide - 0
- Freedom Salute for NH Guard unit is Saturday in Concord - 0
- New squadron operations building at Pease ANG base opens - 0
- Military says ordnance blast killed four U.S. Marines in California - 0
- Pakistani Taliban chief killed in drone strike, possibly scuttling peace talks - 0
- USS Alexandria arrives at Portsmouth shipyard - 0
- Officials say U.S. commandos capture al Qaeda leader in Libya, also raid Somalia - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan