NHIAA Football: Pinkerton rushes way to a win
His team overcame a 14-0 deficit to defeat Central, 37-20, in Derry Friday. Pinkerton runners, led by Manny Latimore, racked up 247 yards rushing.
Pinkerton dug itself a hole early with two quick turnovers. A fumble on the handoff to Manny Lattimore gave Central the ball on the 19.
On the ensuing Astros possession, Central’s Tyler Kelly intercepted a pass from Jacob Froehlich and Central had the ball again at their 33.
But the tables turned in the second quarter when Central began coughing up the ball.
Then with only seconds remaining on the clock another Central gave the Astros the ball at the Little Green 49.
Central received the ball to start the third quarter and Wade fumbled again at the Central 39. Jason Hanson capped off the drive with a three-yard plunge to make it 23-14 Astros.
A fake punt helped the Astros extend their next drive and it led to another Jason Hanson touchdown to make it 30-20.
Finally Lattimore punched it in from three yards out and the Astros had a 17-point win.
“They have an excellent offensive line and running backs,” Ray added. “If you aren’t in the exact right place you will get beat.”
READER COMMENTS: 6
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 1
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 4
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 1
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
Push to block casino in NH ramping up