NHIAA Football: Pinkerton rushes way to a win
His team overcame a 14-0 deficit to defeat Central, 37-20, in Derry Friday. Pinkerton runners, led by Manny Latimore, racked up 247 yards rushing.
Pinkerton dug itself a hole early with two quick turnovers. A fumble on the handoff to Manny Lattimore gave Central the ball on the 19.
On the ensuing Astros possession, Central’s Tyler Kelly intercepted a pass from Jacob Froehlich and Central had the ball again at their 33.
But the tables turned in the second quarter when Central began coughing up the ball.
Then with only seconds remaining on the clock another Central gave the Astros the ball at the Little Green 49.
Central received the ball to start the third quarter and Wade fumbled again at the Central 39. Jason Hanson capped off the drive with a three-yard plunge to make it 23-14 Astros.
A fake punt helped the Astros extend their next drive and it led to another Jason Hanson touchdown to make it 30-20.
Finally Lattimore punched it in from three yards out and the Astros had a 17-point win.
“They have an excellent offensive line and running backs,” Ray added. “If you aren’t in the exact right place you will get beat.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Chara's 'Gordie' lifts Bruins over Rangers - 0
- Bruin’s effort a turkey in 6-1 loss to Detroit - 0
- Krug lifts Bruins over Penguins in OT - 0
- B's top Hurricanes in overtime - 0
- Blues tip Bruins in shootout - 0
- Soderberg, Smith lead Bruins to victory - 0
- Strong third period helps Senators end Bruins hex - 0
- Former Monarchs lift Kings over Islanders - 0
- Lucic goal lifts Bruins to overtime victory - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Driver was trying to kill himself