Home » News » Public Safety
Search on after East Washington woman, 71, reported missing
According to a press release, the woman is five feet tall with a slight build, and weighs about 115 pounds. She has shoulder-length, white hair and usually wears a black cape and flowing dresses in a style such as Amish and Mennonite women wear.
Police said Blakney's family told authorities she recently learned she was not allowed to return to a religious mission for children in Ethiopia because of changes in her mental acuity.
On Thursday, police said, she burned some personal effects and told her son to "prepare to carry out instructions that were in place for her passing."
She then left the house and secured the door so that her family was delayed in getting out. So it was unclear whether she left on foot or was picked up by someone, police said.
Anyone with information regarding Blakney's whereabouts and condition is asked to call Washington police at 495-3233.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry firefighters commended; fire investigation continues - 0
- Deadly crash driver: 'I was distracted' - 0
- Tactical team takes man, 71, into custody - 0
- Hudson rider misses jump, crashes bike - 0
- Injured hiker carried to safety off Mount Israel in Sandwich - 0
- Three-alarm fire heavily damages Franklin store - 0
- 74-year-old woman suffers serious injuries in hit-and-run incident in Windham - 0
- Grandmother charged in ATV crash with tot - 1
- ATV flips in Alton with 3-year-old on board - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man accused of cutting wife’s throat committed to psychiatric hospital - 1
- Two may have stabbed each other in Concord parking garage incident, police say - 0
- Manchester joyride in a stolen truck lands two in handcuffs - 0
- High School Football Power Poll: Some shuffling in the middle - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Pamela Diamantis: USNH’s tuition freeze offer is good for NH’s future - 1
- Crosstown Variety Store robbed in Manchester - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio: A well-earned celebration for Sox. - 0
- A’s earn their way into postseason play - 0
Dover man's nightmare lesson for everyone
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
'Strange ideas' Banning guns made in NH
Personhood Controversial? Really?
License revocations for DWI announced
Dredging planned for Milford's Osgood Pond