Home » News » Public Safety
Search on after East Washington woman, 71, reported missing
According to a press release, the woman is five feet tall with a slight build, and weighs about 115 pounds. She has shoulder-length, white hair and usually wears a black cape and flowing dresses in a style such as Amish and Mennonite women wear.
Police said Blakney's family told authorities she recently learned she was not allowed to return to a religious mission for children in Ethiopia because of changes in her mental acuity.
On Thursday, police said, she burned some personal effects and told her son to "prepare to carry out instructions that were in place for her passing."
She then left the house and secured the door so that her family was delayed in getting out. So it was unclear whether she left on foot or was picked up by someone, police said.
Anyone with information regarding Blakney's whereabouts and condition is asked to call Washington police at 495-3233.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 4
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 11
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 0
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 12
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'