Home » News » Public Safety
Lebanon fire displaces tenants
Arriving firefighters found smoke coming from a second-floor window in a rear apartment of the two-story building at 91A Hanover St. shortly after 11:15 a.m., according to the fire department. The fire was declared under control about a half hour later.
The remainder of the back of the building sustained minor smoke and water damage. The tenants of at least one unit have been displaced. Fire officials and the property management company were evaluating the other seven units for smoke and water damage to determine if those units could be reoccupied.
The American Red Cross responded and assisted all displaced residents with lodging and other assistance.
No injuries were reported.
Fire units from Hanover and Hartford, Vt., assisted at the scene while Enfield firefighters provided station coverage.
The cause is under investigation but not considered suspicious, authorities said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police mum on reported shooting in Manchester - 0
- Manchester men charged with drive-by shooting in Nashua - 0
- Multiple reports say deal reached for Arthur T. to buy Market Basket - 0
- Fisher Cats get behind early, fall to Senators - 0
- Sox downed on pinch-hit homer - 0
- Sister of accused Boston marathon bombers arrested after bomb threat - 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Bruins agree to long-term agreement with Providence - 0
- Stewart probe goes on - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate