Home » News » Public Safety
Abu Dhabi woman rescued on Mount Lafayette after injuring leg
According to the Fish and Game Department, Nichole Gammans, 40, of Abu Dhabi, had hiked to the summit of Lafayette and was descending the Falling Waters Trail when she slipped on wet rocks. Passing hikers called 911 for help and also aided rescuers in the carryout.
Rescuers from Fish and Game and Pemigewasset Valley Search and Rescue reached the injured woman around 2:30 p.m., and the group carried her about a mile to the trail head in heavy rain.
She was taken by ambulance to Speare Memorial Hospital in Plymouth for treatment.
The incident prompted Conservation Officer Jeremy Hawkes to remind hikers to use extra caution on the trails this weekend due to the recent heavy rains.
"The trails are extremely slippery and some of the trail river crossings could be difficult to negotiate or impassable due to flooding," he said.
For information on safe hiking, visit hikesafe.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 0
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
- Mother of Bedford student hit by car says safety should come first on school grounds - 5
- New Farmington police chief continues to build relationships in the community he’s served for 14 years - 0
- Keene police officer on bicycle struck by car - 0
- Antidote carried by NH first responders a life-saver for heroin overdoses - 0
- In neglect cases, indigent parents may lose legal help - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 5
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Strategery: A war by any other name
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out