Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Father, son try to rob Nashua bingo hall, police say
According to a news release, police responded to a call at Eagles Wing's Function Hall, 10 Spruce St., at 8:35 p.m., for a report of an armed robbery in progress.
Police said when they arrived at the scene, they found Charles Preston, 46, of 42 Worcester St., Apt. 2, Nashua, inside the business being restrained by several employees. They also found Charles's son Justin Preston, 20, also of 42 Worcester St., outside the business.
According to police, Charles Preston went into the hall's office armed with a handgun and demanded cash.
"Other employees present, but not in the office observed the robbery and physically confronted Charles, ultimately pinning him to the ground," according to the news release. "They were able to hold him there until officers arrived."
Police said no one was hurt in the incident.
Charles Preston was charged with robbery, a Class A felony. Justin Preston was charged with criminal liability to robbery, also Class A felony. Both are scheduled to be arraigned in the 9th Circuit Court Nashua Division on Monday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- “The VA has pointed me in the right direction,” he said. - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424