Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Paroled murderer in Northfield registers three times over legal limit for DWI
arrested Thursday after threatening and fighting with local police as they tried to question him after finding his car parked off the side of Concord Road just after noon, according to Officer Aaron S. Chapple, the town's drug recognition expert instructor.
to buy alcohol at the Big Apple store in Tilton.
disoriented," Johnson said. He was seen driving away from the store headed toward Northfield.
confronted Johnson, who was "disoriented and appeared to be impaired," Chapple said. He was not cooperative with the officer and refused to follow the officer's requests, and then made statements about wanting to harm himself and others.
about his ownership of guns, and his behavior became more aggressive, Chapple said.
to arrest him for DWI, and he then began fighting with officers for a period before they were able to control him.
was found to have a blood-alcohol content of between 2.4 and 3.0.
the New Hampshire State Prison, where he is also awaiting a hearing on a parole violation.
been convicted in 1981 of second-degree murder as part of a plea-deal with prosecutors. He had originally been charged with the first-degree murder of an Andover homeowner who caught him committing a burglary at his home in 1980.
for the crime. Police were still trying to determine when he was paroled from prison.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917