Home » News » Public Safety
Portsmouth boy hit by car on Route 1 now in fair condition
Sanchez's baseball coach and spokesman for the family, Mike Young, said the boy's condition had been upgraded on Monday afternoon, but he remained in the intensive care unit.
His father had come to the high school to pick him up, but Sanchez said he preferred to walk, Young said.
Raul Sanchez began texting his son, and getting no response, headed down to the accident scene.
There he found his son inside an ambulance.
Young said he talks to Raul Sanchez regularly, and he says his son is still in and out of consciousness.
The boy also suffered a fractured eye socket.
Young said although there is swelling in Sanchez's brain, doctors do not think there is any damage to the brain itself.
Young said many people at Portsmouth High School, where Sanchez is a sophomore, and the Babe Ruth League have reached out to ask how they can help the family.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 2
- 2 motorcycle riders hurt in Laconia collision - 0
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 2
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
- Salem family ldisplaced by house fire - 0
- Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health - 17
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 0
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 0
- Motivation Matters: 'Giving 110 percent' says more than you think - 0
- Know the Law: Do I need a prenup? - 0
- Life's just a great big game for Dan Yarrington - 0
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH