Home » News » Public Safety
Portsmouth boy hit by car on Route 1 now in fair condition
Sanchez's baseball coach and spokesman for the family, Mike Young, said the boy's condition had been upgraded on Monday afternoon, but he remained in the intensive care unit.
His father had come to the high school to pick him up, but Sanchez said he preferred to walk, Young said.
Raul Sanchez began texting his son, and getting no response, headed down to the accident scene.
There he found his son inside an ambulance.
Young said he talks to Raul Sanchez regularly, and he says his son is still in and out of consciousness.
The boy also suffered a fractured eye socket.
Young said although there is swelling in Sanchez's brain, doctors do not think there is any damage to the brain itself.
Young said many people at Portsmouth High School, where Sanchez is a sophomore, and the Babe Ruth League have reached out to ask how they can help the family.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 9
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
- Drew Cline: When Republicans turn off Republicans - 7
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Havenstein says Christie backing a 'boost'