Keene streets damaged by heavy rains on Friday
Water Street was one of several roads closed in Keene Friday as city workers repaired flood damage from Thursday's nearly six inches of rain. (MEGHAN PIERCE PHOTO)
Water, Concord and North Lincoln streets were the worst hit, said Public Works director Kürt Blomquist.
Bellevue Street, Woodland Avenue, Eastern Avenue, Old Concord Road, Sullivan Street, Rule Street, Roxbury Road and Roxbury Street were also damaged.
“It’s not hundreds of thousands of dollars, but $50,000 to $100,000 worth of damage,” he said.
Like the roads, many yards experienced washout conditions.
The DPW is encouraging residents who have sustained private property damage to call 2-1-1 so that New Hampshire 2-1-1, a Community Resource Program, can compile information and data about the damage so state officials can determine if an assistance program is available to those affected by the flood event.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 6.0 earthquake strikes California wine country - 0
- Heavy rain saturates NH in a matter of two hours - 1
- Flash flood warning issued for Southern New Hampshire - 0
- Rare tornado touches down in Revere, Mass., no deaths reported - 0
- Severe weather strikes across Granite State - 0
- Restaurant foundation destabilized by high water raises Route 3 Bridge, downtown Colebrook flooding concerns - 0
- Winchester roads ravaged by heavy rain - 0
- Despite heavy rains, tornado warning, Nashua OK - 0
- Wild weather strikes Granite State - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 0
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 0
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 0
- College Sports Roundup: NEC's Locke scores twice in soccer win - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Campbell, Jutras blank Gilford - 0
- Pirates stay hot, blank Red Sox - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua - 1
- NHIAA Golf: Crusaders teeing up special year - 0
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
USNH's raw deal: Part deux
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Labor fines proposed on school project