Hopkinton Village Greenway to be unveiled to public
The grand opening of the greenway, a 4.5-mile loop that encircles Hopkinton Village, will be held on Saturday at 1 p.m. A brief opening ceremony will be held at the Kimball Lake Cabins, followed by an inaugural hike around the Greenway.
The greenway connects with existing trails in the Hawthorne Forest, Ransmeier Woods and Kimball Lake.
“We’re excited to finally get folks out on the trail to see all the diverse terrain that’s been protected around the village” said Ron Klemarczyk, a member of the Hopkinton Conservation Commission. “The trail goes along the shore of a lake under huge pine trees, past isolated bogs, streams and wetlands, beside a deep gorge in a hemlock forest, and even past the old village dump.”
“The greenway trail makes these conservation lands more accessible for walkers and runners, as well as winter users,” said Lucia Kittredge, a member of the Hopkinton Open Space Committee. “It’s part of what makes Hopkinton such a livable community.”
“Our vision for a greenbelt of protected land around Hopkinton Village began in the early 1990s,” Klemarczyk said. “It took years of work with Open Space Bond funds and generous private landowners to acquire the land necessary to make the trail.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Monadnock Conservancy gets towns' financial help - 0
- Wreaths Around Wadleigh auction raises about $1,000 for library programs - 0
- Wreaths Across America get big send-off - 0
- Bedford council to unveil 'conservative' $26.6M plan - 0
- Website: Durham best in NH for young families, Hooksett, Littleton also rank high - 0
- Register in January for Becoming an Outdoors-Woman Winter Workshop - 0
- Fundraising Underway to Support Tern Research at Isles of Shoals - 0
- Holiday Artisan Market at Rolling Green Nursery - 0
- Cranmore Rings in the Holidays with Festive Events and Extended Hours - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
2013 Holiday Happenings
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Ads go after Shea-Porter for ACA support
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice