Nashua works on river revival
The aldermanic Finance Committee is expected to vote Wednesday on whether to award a $77,637 contract to Greenscapes Land Design of Nashua for the restoration project.
A separate, $15,000 proposed contract for a different cleanup project on the Nashua River will also be studied by the committee.
“The nature of the work will require a contractor experienced and skilled in river-based debris recovery operation, utilizing a combination of removal approaches, including boats floating in the river as well as removal of debris by hand along the shorelines,” agreed Thomas Galligani, economic development director for the city.
Lozeau said recently that several efforts are under way focusing not only on the Nashua River, but other bodies of water in the city. She has recently formed a new Nashua Waterways Committee.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- State House Dome: Just past Concord session a mixed bag - 0
- Monarchs squeak by Bruins - 0
- Memorial hockey shuts out Trinity - 0
- Dover's Parratto a national champion - 0
- UNH defense comes up big against Redbirds - 0
- St. Anselm men knock off Post - 0
- Leadership, defense made Katie Bishop, of Conway, an All-American - 0
- Jet menace faltered under Rex - 0
- Strong start lifts Bedford to win - 0
UNH loses to Illinois State
A new era for Nashua's police force
Cyber security a fear in NH, too
Nashua police left rattled by tot's death
Haylee Ann-Marie Patten
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'