Nashua works on river revival
The aldermanic Finance Committee is expected to vote Wednesday on whether to award a $77,637 contract to Greenscapes Land Design of Nashua for the restoration project.
A separate, $15,000 proposed contract for a different cleanup project on the Nashua River will also be studied by the committee.
“The nature of the work will require a contractor experienced and skilled in river-based debris recovery operation, utilizing a combination of removal approaches, including boats floating in the river as well as removal of debris by hand along the shorelines,” agreed Thomas Galligani, economic development director for the city.
Lozeau said recently that several efforts are under way focusing not only on the Nashua River, but other bodies of water in the city. She has recently formed a new Nashua Waterways Committee.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem