Nashua works on river revival
The aldermanic Finance Committee is expected to vote Wednesday on whether to award a $77,637 contract to Greenscapes Land Design of Nashua for the restoration project.
A separate, $15,000 proposed contract for a different cleanup project on the Nashua River will also be studied by the committee.
“The nature of the work will require a contractor experienced and skilled in river-based debris recovery operation, utilizing a combination of removal approaches, including boats floating in the river as well as removal of debris by hand along the shorelines,” agreed Thomas Galligani, economic development director for the city.
Lozeau said recently that several efforts are under way focusing not only on the Nashua River, but other bodies of water in the city. She has recently formed a new Nashua Waterways Committee.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 0
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
When company comes, opt for variety
Voting in NH: Not just for NH residents
Gorham man arrested for kidnapping Abigail
Market Basket community waits and watches