Danbury likely staying put in Newfound school district
Also, the district announced that the new superintendent will make a formal recommendation on a request from residents in Bridgewater and Hebron to make their school into a kindergarten through grade 8 school by the end of November.
Danbury presently has a K-5 elementary school and sends its K-8 students to Newfound Middle School. Town residents last year heard news of a district plan to move Danbury’s fifth-grade students to the middle school as a cost-saving measure, but that plan was dropped when Danbury residents protested.
“The parents’ request remains under consideration, but is expected to be addressed (by Buckley) prior to Thanksgiving,” he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change