Danbury likely staying put in Newfound school district
Also, the district announced that the new superintendent will make a formal recommendation on a request from residents in Bridgewater and Hebron to make their school into a kindergarten through grade 8 school by the end of November.
Danbury presently has a K-5 elementary school and sends its K-8 students to Newfound Middle School. Town residents last year heard news of a district plan to move Danbury’s fifth-grade students to the middle school as a cost-saving measure, but that plan was dropped when Danbury residents protested.
“The parents’ request remains under consideration, but is expected to be addressed (by Buckley) prior to Thanksgiving,” he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 2
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 21
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
- Rocket blast damps Orbital as commercial space rush lures rivals - 0
- Former Farmington fire chief waives arraignment on theft charges - 0
- $50k bail for two charged with beating pizza delivery man - 0
- Latest round of riot arrests includes 5 Keene State students - 0
- 2 Manchester health service groups announce merger - 0
- FinneRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters