At Pinkerton Academy in Derry, forget saying the dog ate your homework
Administrators are launching Directed Study Hall, a new program that allows students to catch up on missed homework assignments while they are still in school. Students will also learn the skills necessary to stay organized and keep up with future homework, Dean of Student Affairs Chris Harper said.
Students who fall behind and haven’t completed at least five assignments will be eligible for the program. They will eat their lunch in a quiet area while working on missed assignments, Harper said.
Administrators noted many students who were failing weren’t completing their homework, he said.
“The hope is by providing them the time to do the work, they’ll not only do the work but learn the organizational skills necessary so they don’t come back to the program,” Harper said.
Only sophomores will be participating in the pilot program for now, Harper said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 55
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 3
- Wheeler in Dist. 5: A GOP fighter for the little guy - 3
- GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help - 12
- Obama's indecision: In NH, only Ayotte urges action - 50
- Concealed controversy: Our 'Mother, may I' gun policy - 45
- Innis in the 1st: A strong choice for Congress - 11
- Obama waits: A terror threat grows - 41
- For U.S. Senate, Scott Brown best NH candidate come November - 73
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats manager Meacham learned a few things, too - 0
- First and 10: Old No. 1 begins as new No. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Preview: All eyes on Bedford, Exeter - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 0
- No paper Monday - 0
- Patriots' Garoppolo solid, but Giants eke out 16-13 win in preseason finale - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 0
- Russian troops capture key Ukrainian town - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Weekly brother gave police wrong name