At Pinkerton Academy in Derry, forget saying the dog ate your homework
Administrators are launching Directed Study Hall, a new program that allows students to catch up on missed homework assignments while they are still in school. Students will also learn the skills necessary to stay organized and keep up with future homework, Dean of Student Affairs Chris Harper said.
Students who fall behind and haven’t completed at least five assignments will be eligible for the program. They will eat their lunch in a quiet area while working on missed assignments, Harper said.
Administrators noted many students who were failing weren’t completing their homework, he said.
“The hope is by providing them the time to do the work, they’ll not only do the work but learn the organizational skills necessary so they don’t come back to the program,” Harper said.
Only sophomores will be participating in the pilot program for now, Harper said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Jon Cavaiani dies at 70; desperate stand in '71 led to Medal of Honor - 0
- Meriam Ibrahim, family welcomed as long journey ends in Manchester - 2
- Moose International files suit to claim Claremont lodge - 0
- NH man's wife flies to Rome, meets Pope Francis after giving birth on death row in Sudan - 2
- Manchester postpones Fourth of July celebration - 0
- Reports say Sudanese Christian woman released; Manchester relative hopeful - 0
- 'Cadillac' health tax costs draw big worry - 13
- Wastewater lagoon blamed for Exit 4 odor - 0
- Author and poet Maya Angelou dies at 86 - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Upcoming selectmen's meeting stirring controversy among Bow's firefighters - 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 6
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies