NH joins fishing limits lawsuit against Commerce secretary
Hassan and New Hampshire Attorney General Joseph Foster announced the decision to intervene Monday. The original lawsuit was filed in May.
As a result, New Hampshire’s commercial ground fishing fleet was reduced to 14 boats this season, New Hampshire ground fishing sector manager Joshua Weirsma said on Monday — down from 24 last year.
The lawsuit claims that in addition to threatening the extinction of the ground fishing industry, the new frameworks are in violation of the national Magnuson-Stevens act governing fishing regulations nationally.
New Hampshire’s Congressional delegation has also spoken out in support of the industry.
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Havenstein says Christie backing a 'boost'