Home » News » Public Safety
Police seek identity of decomposed body found off Route 106 in Concord
As of Tuesday afternoon, police said they could not determine the age or gender of the body, although police believed it was an adult.
Police Lt. Timothy O'Malley said some trails run through the area, and homeless people are known to frequent the area, using it either as a cut-through or an encampment.
O'Malley said he does not think the deaths are related to the latest discovery.
He said police received a report Tuesday morning about the discovery. A man walking through the area discovered the remains. They were at least 100 feet from the road into the woods, and crime scene tape stretched from a guardrail into the woods.
"I'm not going to call it a crime scene because I don't know if we have a crime," O'Malley said. A preliminary autopsy could take place today, and some information may be found to help identify the body, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 0
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
- Woodshed restaurant fire investigation continues - 0
- Lincoln officer, Woodstock firefighters credited with saving homeowner's life - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072