Home » News » Public Safety
Nashua in the running for free bus-to-ambulance conversion
“Using multiple ambulances is fine, but it is not always convenient,” said Justin Kates, emergency management director for the city of Nashua. “Using something like an AmbuBus can get numerous victims to a hospital in one trip.”
“There are a lot of different uses for this kit that would greatly benefit Nashua,” said Kates.
In addition to transporting large numbers of patients to area hospitals, an AmbuBus could also be used during evacuations of nursing homes or other long-term care facilities, with plenty of room for people in wheelchairs.
He believes that a former city-owned transit bus or even an old school bus could be converted into an AmbuBus if the city wins the contest.
According to information provided by Virginia-based First Line Technology, an AmbuBus can carry more than a dozen patients. Currently, there are more than 400 AmbuBuses deployed in about 20 states, according to a news release.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 38
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads