Pat Buchanan: Graham's plan for starting a war with Iran
A grassroots coalition arose to demand Congress veto any war on Syria. Congress got the message and was ready to vote no to war, when President Obama seized upon Vladimir Putin's offer to work together to disarm Syria of chemical weapons.
"I'm going to get a bipartisan coalition together. We're going to put together a use-of-force resolution, allowing our country to use military force ... to stop the Iranian nuclear program. ... I'm going to need your help, Mike, and the help of Americans and friends of Israel."
First, there is no conclusive proof Iran has decided to build a bomb.
Twice, the U.S. intelligence community, in 2007 and 2011, has asserted with high confidence that Iran has made no such decision. Senators who do not seek a new war with Iran should call James Clapper, director of National Intelligence, to testify publicly as to whether Iran is "racing" toward a bomb. Or is this the usual War Party propaganda?
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community excited about relationship with Google - 2
- Manchester school chief's contract extended, with raise linked to teachers' - 1
- New superintendent named in Lebanon - 0
- Board of Ed finds in favor of Goffstown; Dunbarton plans Supreme Court appeal - 2
- Tech conference sparks ideas and imagination - 0
- Nashua assessment tests miss the mark - 1
- St. A's board of trustees responds to criticism of graduation change - 2
- Officials proposing cutting Derry school budget by $1.4 million - 0
- St. Anselm in a stir over graduation date change - 13
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua bomb squad deployed, people evacuated after fireworks explosion - 0
- Driver trapped by live wires after early morning crash in Bow - 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Central rally stuns Memorial - 1
- NHIAA Hockey: Memorial needs shootout to get by Bow - 0
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 0
- No shortage of post-holiday shoppers at local stores - 0
- West junior advising College Board on its entrance exams - 0
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive - 1
- Derry making progress with efforts to honor POWS, MIAs - 0
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Pipeline push gets a second wind
Murder suspect fit for trial?