Veterans briefs: POW/MIA Day is on Friday
The day honors those still missing from the nation's wars and conflicts and those who made the ultimate sacrifice and whose remains have not yet been recovered and returned home.
Craft fair in Wolfeboro
WOLFEBORO — A fall festival craft fair will be held on Saturday, Sept. 21, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Harriman-Hale American Legion Hall, 142 Center St.
Sweeney Post 2 events
MANCHESTER — Sweeney Post 2 will hold a meat raffle on Friday at 6 p.m.
This will be followed by by DJ dancing and karaoke until 11 p.m.
On Saturday, Sons of the American Legion will host an Italian dinner at 6 p.m. followed by the weekly dance until 11 p.m. The cover charge for the evening is $12.50.
Jutras Post event
MANCHESTER — Jutras Post, American Legion, 56 Boutwell St., will hold its monthy dinner at 6 p.m. on Thursday.
On Saturday, there will be a ham and bean supper with a dance to follow.
Every Thursday and Friday there is karaoke at 8 p.m.
Epsom post event
EPSOM — American Legion and Ladies Auxiliary, Elwood O. Wells Post 112, will hold a barbecue chicken dinner from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 21.
Post 33 event
MEREDITH — The American Legion Post 33, 6 Plymouth St., is hosting meat bingo on Saturday Sept. 21 at 3 p.m.
All proceeds will benefit the maintenance and upkeep of the Legion building. Karaoke is Friday at 8 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New spokesman named for Diocese of Manchester - 0
- First Church of Christ, Scientist, in Derry celebrates 100 years - 0
- Ararat Armenian Congregational Church in Salem celebrates 100 years, welcomes pastor - 0
- Interfaith Thanksgiving Service is Monday - 1
- Annual collection helps religious communities address retirement shortfall - 0
- Keene church to hold Colonial Thanksgiving service Sunday - 0
- New Baptist church opening in Concord - 0
- Londonderry church blesses pets - 0
- Center gets grant from bishop's fund - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice