Veterans briefs: POW/MIA Day is on Friday
The day honors those still missing from the nation's wars and conflicts and those who made the ultimate sacrifice and whose remains have not yet been recovered and returned home.
Craft fair in Wolfeboro
WOLFEBORO — A fall festival craft fair will be held on Saturday, Sept. 21, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Harriman-Hale American Legion Hall, 142 Center St.
Sweeney Post 2 events
MANCHESTER — Sweeney Post 2 will hold a meat raffle on Friday at 6 p.m.
This will be followed by by DJ dancing and karaoke until 11 p.m.
On Saturday, Sons of the American Legion will host an Italian dinner at 6 p.m. followed by the weekly dance until 11 p.m. The cover charge for the evening is $12.50.
Jutras Post event
MANCHESTER — Jutras Post, American Legion, 56 Boutwell St., will hold its monthy dinner at 6 p.m. on Thursday.
On Saturday, there will be a ham and bean supper with a dance to follow.
Every Thursday and Friday there is karaoke at 8 p.m.
Epsom post event
EPSOM — American Legion and Ladies Auxiliary, Elwood O. Wells Post 112, will hold a barbecue chicken dinner from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 21.
Post 33 event
MEREDITH — The American Legion Post 33, 6 Plymouth St., is hosting meat bingo on Saturday Sept. 21 at 3 p.m.
All proceeds will benefit the maintenance and upkeep of the Legion building. Karaoke is Friday at 8 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sheridan Brown: NH is vulnerable to an oil spill and needs some protection - 2
- Al Felgar: Patients can’t wait for state to fix narrow Obamacare network - 2
- George Will: The benefits of prudence - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Paul and Cruz vie to become Reagan's heir - 0
- Thomas Sowell: Liberal education policies hurt minorities - 1
- Charles Arlinghaus: Yes, our paltry rainy day fund is a really big deal - 3
- Rep. Terie Norelli: New Hampshire workers deserve higher minimum wages - 2
- Les Bernal: Why don’t casino advocates and executives patronize casinos? - 6
- David Harsanyi: Do most Americans agree with Demsocrats? - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- A second chance: Manchester hasn't won Hooksett yet - 0
- Calling Deep Throat: Where is Obama's Mark Felt? - 0
- Monarchs know there's always room for improvement - 0
- Student artwork on display in Derry for PTA's Reflections - 0
- Town, school budgets approved in Amherst - 0
- Wilton-Lyndeborough elementary school merger plan passes - 0
- Hollis voters approve all warrant articles - 0
- Div. I Girls' Basketball: Bedford advances to final with ease - 0
- Boys' Hockey: Souhegan, John Stark-Hopkinton advance in Div. III - 0
Town, school budgets approved in Amherst
Hollis voters approve all warrant articles
Win tickets to see Billy Idol
Rochester firm is ready to add jobs
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill