Veterans briefs: POW/MIA Day is on Friday
The day honors those still missing from the nation's wars and conflicts and those who made the ultimate sacrifice and whose remains have not yet been recovered and returned home.
Craft fair in Wolfeboro
WOLFEBORO — A fall festival craft fair will be held on Saturday, Sept. 21, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Harriman-Hale American Legion Hall, 142 Center St.
Sweeney Post 2 events
MANCHESTER — Sweeney Post 2 will hold a meat raffle on Friday at 6 p.m.
This will be followed by by DJ dancing and karaoke until 11 p.m.
On Saturday, Sons of the American Legion will host an Italian dinner at 6 p.m. followed by the weekly dance until 11 p.m. The cover charge for the evening is $12.50.
Jutras Post event
MANCHESTER — Jutras Post, American Legion, 56 Boutwell St., will hold its monthy dinner at 6 p.m. on Thursday.
On Saturday, there will be a ham and bean supper with a dance to follow.
Every Thursday and Friday there is karaoke at 8 p.m.
Epsom post event
EPSOM — American Legion and Ladies Auxiliary, Elwood O. Wells Post 112, will hold a barbecue chicken dinner from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 21.
Post 33 event
MEREDITH — The American Legion Post 33, 6 Plymouth St., is hosting meat bingo on Saturday Sept. 21 at 3 p.m.
All proceeds will benefit the maintenance and upkeep of the Legion building. Karaoke is Friday at 8 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vin Sylvia: Making the case for Carpenter - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Newly retired Chris Carpenter planning to move back to NH - 0
- Gomes hopes Red Sox retain all their free agents - 0
- Carpenter lauded as one of Cardinals' all-time greats - 1
- Amherst's Huntington runner-up to Cherington - 0
- Cherington garners Executive of the Year - 0
- Red Sox extend offers to Elsbury, Napoli and Drew - 0
- Dave D'Donofrio's Sox Beat: Redemption Sox - 0
- Triumphant Boston celebrates Series in grand style - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
- Gaming authority offers regulatory structure - 0
- Portsmouth man gets prison for sex assault of disabled woman - 0
- Wolfeboro nursing home evacuated after minor chemical spill - 0
- Dover woman admits to bank robberies in two states - 0
- Motorists injured in two car collision on Route 9, Spofford - 0
- Arrest made in attempted robbery of Littleton gas station - 0
- Ex-Littleton man sentenced to prison for DWI crash - 0
- Greenfield planners seek input on Heritage District plan proposal - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
A chief walks: No charges in New London
Big tipper stops for lunch