Veterans briefs: POW/MIA Day is on Friday
The day honors those still missing from the nation's wars and conflicts and those who made the ultimate sacrifice and whose remains have not yet been recovered and returned home.
Craft fair in Wolfeboro
WOLFEBORO — A fall festival craft fair will be held on Saturday, Sept. 21, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Harriman-Hale American Legion Hall, 142 Center St.
Sweeney Post 2 events
MANCHESTER — Sweeney Post 2 will hold a meat raffle on Friday at 6 p.m.
This will be followed by by DJ dancing and karaoke until 11 p.m.
On Saturday, Sons of the American Legion will host an Italian dinner at 6 p.m. followed by the weekly dance until 11 p.m. The cover charge for the evening is $12.50.
Jutras Post event
MANCHESTER — Jutras Post, American Legion, 56 Boutwell St., will hold its monthy dinner at 6 p.m. on Thursday.
On Saturday, there will be a ham and bean supper with a dance to follow.
Every Thursday and Friday there is karaoke at 8 p.m.
Epsom post event
EPSOM — American Legion and Ladies Auxiliary, Elwood O. Wells Post 112, will hold a barbecue chicken dinner from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 21.
Post 33 event
MEREDITH — The American Legion Post 33, 6 Plymouth St., is hosting meat bingo on Saturday Sept. 21 at 3 p.m.
All proceeds will benefit the maintenance and upkeep of the Legion building. Karaoke is Friday at 8 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH math professor earns prestigious MacArthur Fellowship - 0
- School emergency notification system to launch in Londonderry - 0
- New Nashua computer curriculum stresses exam, lifetime skills - 0
- Manchester teachers to hold 2nd contract vote following voting hours complaints - 23
- Alton educator selected as NH Teacher of the Year - 0
- USNH: Restore funding and we'll freeze tuition - 5
- Manchester, Hooksett will resume schools conversation - 2
- River Valley Community College planning for new president's inauguration - 0
- Singing a nationwide national anthem at St. Anselm College in Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition at Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 in Rochester - 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too