Bill of Rights timely topic for PSU's Constitution Day
The guests at this year’s event are retired New Hampshire Supreme Court Justice William Batchelder and law professor Nadine Strossen, a former president of the American Civil Liberties Union.
“There are so many issues out there right now with regard to the law, like (Edward) Snowden, NSA spying, Internet issues. There’s a lot to talk about,” Fischler said.
Batchelder served for decades as a lawyer, prosecutor, a state superior court judge and New Hampshire Supreme Court justice. He received the New Hampshire Bar Association’s Professionalism Award and President’s Award for Service to the Profession.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Deadline pressure to adopt new Nashua budget - 0
- Bedford, Lebanon prevail in Junior Legion tourney - 0
- State Legion tournament: Sweeney Post stuns Hudson - 0
- Swamp Bats fall to Mystic - 0
- Tears flow as six inducted into Baseball Hall of Fame - 0
- New Boston police arrest 29 teens at house party - 0
- Fisher Cats lead in 12th with game suspended - 0
- Obama maintains fundraising schedule, even when crises occur - 0
- Dozens of ill Keith Urban fans treated at concert near Boston - 0
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Gorham man arrested for kidnapping Abigail
LNG plant put 'on hold'
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
20140728-Dover patient shocked by $3,766 Wentworth-Douglass charged insurer for tube of cold sore cream
Cabrera, Blue Jays trounce fading Red Sox