Bill of Rights timely topic for PSU's Constitution Day
The guests at this year’s event are retired New Hampshire Supreme Court Justice William Batchelder and law professor Nadine Strossen, a former president of the American Civil Liberties Union.
“There are so many issues out there right now with regard to the law, like (Edward) Snowden, NSA spying, Internet issues. There’s a lot to talk about,” Fischler said.
Batchelder served for decades as a lawyer, prosecutor, a state superior court judge and New Hampshire Supreme Court justice. He received the New Hampshire Bar Association’s Professionalism Award and President’s Award for Service to the Profession.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads