Hanover forfeits homecoming game over 'egregious' skits
Administrators announced the forfeit in a letter to parents this week, saying skits performed during the players-only celebration over the end of two-a-day practices violated the student code of conduct by objectifying women. The letter said many of the skits were sexually themed and "egregiously inappropriate."
Although not every player on the roster participated, enough members of the team were facing the sanction that Hanover could not field enough for a team tonight against the Kearsarge Cougars, leading to the forfeiture.
Athletic director Mike Jackson said a student went to a counselor with a complaint last week. Jackson also would not discuss specifics, referring questions to Bass, but said it was made clear to the players how they went wrong and why there will be no football game tonight.
Bass said Principal Justin Campbell met with the student body by class for talks on what happened and how administrators came to the decision to discipline the players.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 1
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: A short history of the spice trade - 1
- City Matters: Little sleep for Vietnam vet - 3
- City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us - 10
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: 'Taps' is soundtrack of summer ceremony - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Central buddies play on - 1
- DIY addition draws city's, neighbors' ire - 6
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Negroni family lays claim to namesake cocktail - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 3
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
DWI license revocations
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children