Hanover forfeits homecoming game over 'egregious' skits
Administrators announced the forfeit in a letter to parents this week, saying skits performed during the players-only celebration over the end of two-a-day practices violated the student code of conduct by objectifying women. The letter said many of the skits were sexually themed and "egregiously inappropriate."
Although not every player on the roster participated, enough members of the team were facing the sanction that Hanover could not field enough for a team tonight against the Kearsarge Cougars, leading to the forfeiture.
Athletic director Mike Jackson said a student went to a counselor with a complaint last week. Jackson also would not discuss specifics, referring questions to Bass, but said it was made clear to the players how they went wrong and why there will be no football game tonight.
Bass said Principal Justin Campbell met with the student body by class for talks on what happened and how administrators came to the decision to discipline the players.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- School group favors opening JROTC at Nashua high school - 0
- Athletics Dept. employee at UNH fired over 'invasion of privacy' - 0
- Loeb School spring classes include travel writing - 0
- Windham ready to open a 'Little Shop of Horrors' - 0
- Salem to decide fate of $75m school proposal - 0
- Allenstown parents mobilize to stave off $1 million school budget cut - 0
- Busy week for voters in Hollis, Brookline - 0
- Nashua to debate school spending - 0
- Test scores tell tale of one city, several towns - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Merrimack survives scare - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 5
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 1
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief