Home » News » Public Safety
Wilton's new fire station will be ready in January
The Wilton Fire Station, located in the center of town, has been inadequate for some time, according to Selectman Daniel Donovan, and a $1.7 million project was approved by voters to expand the existing building this spring.
Firefighters have had to change into their gear behind or between parked fire trucks, there's no ventilation system in place to exhaust fumes when the trucks are running, and there is no place for firefighters to meet in the building, he said. The building also had asbestos and simply "wasn't safe" for the volunteers who serve the town.
The additional engineering work required to make the fix took a few weeks and slowed progress, Donovan said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 0
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
- Woodshed restaurant fire investigation continues - 0
- Lincoln officer, Woodstock firefighters credited with saving homeowner's life - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072