Home » News » Public Safety
Faulty bearing believed cause of I-93 crash
Meanwhile, a close friend of the woman who died in the crash, Kelly Anderson-Baker, said her family is trying to sort through the sudden death of the 40-year-old mother of three.
Anderson-Baker was commuting to work at Lawrence General Hospital, where she was a project manager for patient care.
The crash happened just after 8 a.m. Wednesday on Interstate 93, not far from the rest areas and state liquor stores. Alan Condon, 51, of Oakfield, Maine, was driving the rig hauling a modular home south on I-93 when the wheel fell off the trailer, bounced or rolled over a jersey barrier and hit the right front driver's side of the unmarked cruiser being driven on the opposite side of the highway by state police Col. Robert Quinn.
Quinn was uninjured and reported the accident.
Police said Condon and an escort car following behind him continued on. Condon stopped and paid the toll and continued a short distance before pulling over to the side of the road, witnesses told state police investigators. The escort car stopped as well, but both vehicles continued on their way to Maine.
Anderson-Baker was born in Korea and adopted by her parents, who raised her in Hill, along with another Korean child, Cummings said. She said her mother was the former superintendent of the Merrimack County jail, and her father was a civil engineer.
"It's just really, really hard for them," she said.
It will take between 30 and 90 days for the inspection and report to be completed. Once done, it will be turned over to the Merrimack County Attorney's Office. The county attorney will decide whether criminal charges will be brought.
Mark Hayward contributed to this story.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 0
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 4
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Hockey: Teams anxious to play - 0
- Manchester Mayor Gatsas: Vote tells me Hooksett is satisfied with Manchester schools - 5
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal