Home » News » Public Safety
Faulty bearing believed cause of I-93 crash
Meanwhile, a close friend of the woman who died in the crash, Kelly Anderson-Baker, said her family is trying to sort through the sudden death of the 40-year-old mother of three.
Anderson-Baker was commuting to work at Lawrence General Hospital, where she was a project manager for patient care.
The crash happened just after 8 a.m. Wednesday on Interstate 93, not far from the rest areas and state liquor stores. Alan Condon, 51, of Oakfield, Maine, was driving the rig hauling a modular home south on I-93 when the wheel fell off the trailer, bounced or rolled over a jersey barrier and hit the right front driver's side of the unmarked cruiser being driven on the opposite side of the highway by state police Col. Robert Quinn.
Quinn was uninjured and reported the accident.
Police said Condon and an escort car following behind him continued on. Condon stopped and paid the toll and continued a short distance before pulling over to the side of the road, witnesses told state police investigators. The escort car stopped as well, but both vehicles continued on their way to Maine.
Anderson-Baker was born in Korea and adopted by her parents, who raised her in Hill, along with another Korean child, Cummings said. She said her mother was the former superintendent of the Merrimack County jail, and her father was a civil engineer.
"It's just really, really hard for them," she said.
It will take between 30 and 90 days for the inspection and report to be completed. Once done, it will be turned over to the Merrimack County Attorney's Office. The county attorney will decide whether criminal charges will be brought.
Mark Hayward contributed to this story.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Father of missing Conway teen says he wants custody of his daughter - 0
- Mass. man safe after crashing plane into Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Lebanon police lieutenant resigns during internal probe into faking of fitness test results - 0
- Hampton man still in critical condition from Rte. 125 crash - 0
- UPDATE: Pilot OK after Lake Winnipesaukee plane crash - 0
- Hampton man in critical condition after crash on Route 125 - 0
- Concord water main break diverts traffic - 0
- Claremont convent ravaged by fire to be razed - 0
- Hampton woman pulled from truck, in hospital after I-95 crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry councilors critical of town’s economic development website - 0
- Candia teen faces more counts in connection with burglary - 0
- Suspect arrested, loot recovered 10 minutes after Derry bank robbery - 0
- Ellsbury propels Yanks over Sox - 0
- Bruins shut out Wings - 0
- Phaneuf leads Derryfield laxers past Pelham - 0
- High School Volleyball results - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Teen recruited juvenile for burglaries - 0
- Cell phones, speakers stolen in separate incidents - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
Shaheen touts land conservation fund
High School Volleyball results
Bruins shut out Wings
Prepare to pay more to park in Manchester
Secret arrests? Not if we can help it
Latest Groton wind farm fight: Snow plowing