NHIAA Roundup: Central boys blank Londonderry in soccer
Memorial 2, Bishop Guertin 1 (2 OT): In Manchester, Matt Contic scored the game-winner to raise Memorial's record to 2-2-2. Tyler Bujwid tallied the regulation goal for Memorial and BG's goal came from Chris Higley. Memorial goalie Shawn Cawley had six saves.
Kearsarge 4, Mascoma 0: At Canaan, Andrew VanHooydonk scored two second half goals and one assist. Jacob Donovan and Bobby Lauster each had one goal. Kearsarge is 4-1-1.
Winnacunnet 1, Bedford 0: At Bedford, John Deveraux scored the only goal in the 68th minute. Bedford goalie Nick Barnard stopped four shots. Both teams are 3-2.
Nashua North 2, Dover 0: At Nashua, Ahmed Abdelazia scored twice. Shayne Seidel and Zach Pike each earned an assist for North (1-5-1). North goalie Tim Closson had eight saves.
Salem 4, Keene 2: In Keene, the Blue Devils received goals from Todd Righini, Andrew Doucette, and two from freshman Andrew Fichera. Assists for Salem were registered by Johnny Cail, Jake Bosworth, and Todd Righini.
ConVal 2, St. Thomas 0: ConVal (5-1-1) got the game-winner from freshman Nile Hertzler and Campbell French scored in the 79th minute off a feed from Nick Phillips. Liam McNally earned the shutout in goal.
Hopkinton 3, Campbell 1: At Litchfield, Campbell's lone goal came from Kali Trunca.
White Mountains 6, Inter-Lakes 3: At Whitefield, White Mountains scored three goals in each half to collect the victory. Inter-Lakes received three goals from Caitlin Rotonnelli.
Bedford 2, Winnacunnet 1: At Hampton, Anna Bogursky and Lauren Phelps scored 32 seconds apart early in the second half to help Bedford overcome a 1-0 deficit. Julia Schwechheimer scored Winnacunnet's goal.
Manchester Central 2, Londonderry 1: At Manchester, Sophomore Hailey Thompson collected a pass from Devin Lacroix and drilled the game-winner past goalie Merissa Brousseau (nine saves) in the 76th minute. It was the first varsity goal for Thompson. Emily Duchesne, off a corner, gave the Little Green (3-2) the early lead at 61:39, but Londonderry's Aliza Simpson matched it in the 70th minute. Lindsay St. Pierre collected six saves for Central against the 3-3 Lancers.
Bedford 3, Goffstown 1: Top performers were Chandler Lake (23 digs), Kendal Sonovick (10 kills, 20 digs), Hannah Koehler (17 kills), Kendra Siemiesz (25 assists) and Jessica Williamson (14 kills, 18 digs).
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Johnson poised to win sixth Sprint Cup crown - 0
- Hamlin on pole for Sunday's Goody's 500 at Martinsville - 0
- Truck Series will return to Loudon Sept. 20 - 0
- McMurray winsat Talladega.; Jimmie Johnson takes Chase lead - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Ford Fall Brawl has plenty of big names - 0
- NHMS gets Sprint Cup schedule; trucks returning - 2
- Brad Keselowski outduels Kasey Kahne to return to victory lane - 0
- Harvick takes Kansas; Kenseth’s Nascar Sprint Cup lead dented - 0
- Pines Speedway Reunion set in Groveland, Mass. - 0
READER COMMENTS: 8
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Shaheen, Ayotte on opposite sides of procedural vote on budget compromise - 3
- Snow slows NH rush hour; cancels many evening events - 1
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
- NH ranks first in controlling infectious disease, according to report - 1
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Knife-wielding robbers target two stores in Manchester - 2
Plaistow lawyer indicted in fatal boat crash
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
State agrees to delete toll booth photos